As our skin goes through the aging process, it stops producing as much collagen and elastin as it did when we were younger, resulting in fine lines, wrinkles, and deep folds. Volume loss can leave your face appearing sunken and hollow.
What causes undereye circles?
Causes of dark circles under the eyes may have nothing to do with getting enough rest. The following factors can contribute to dark circles:
- Allergies: Allergies cause your body to create histamine, which can produce swelling under the eyes.
- Genetics: Some have fragile skin beneath the eyes due to genetics. Weaker capillaries can leak causing the undereye area to take on a darker hue.
- Ethnicity: Pigmentation irregularities can occur in anyone but are very common in those of African and Asian descent.
- Itchy eyes: If you rub and scratch your eyes, you may irritate the area, and are more likely to develop under-eye circles.
- Aging: Skin loses collagen and thins as we age making veins more visible.
- Sun Exposure: Your body reacts to the sun by creating more pigmentation and breaking down collagen. The skin becomes thinner, allowing the veins to become visible.
What is the best treatment for undereye circles in Kirkland, WA?
Dermal fillers: Fillers are an effective treatment for dark circles under the eyes. Fillers can return the youthful volume to the under-eye area creating a buffer between the skin and your capillaries which causes the dark under-eye circles to be hidden. Pigmentation issues are improved once the volume beneath the eyes is replenished. Volume abnormalities can occur under the eyes as we age. Fillers can reduce the visibility of fat herniation, reducing the appearance of under-eye bags.
PRP skin rejuvenation: Many patients love our PRP skin rejuvenation treatments for undereye circles because this treatment stimulates the body’s natural ability to heal and restore itself with platelet rich plasma. PRP injections can promote natural collagen and elastin production in the area, restoring a refreshed, healthy, well-rested look, improving the look of dark undereye hollows. PRP also allows the skin to remove toxins and damaged tissue, regenerating the entire area.
Ask the experts
If you feel self-conscious about undereye circles or bags, we understand. We will answer all of your questions thoroughly and direct you to the best treatment options for your condition. We can help you achieve the skin you have been dreaming of, call us today!